For Celebrating Greyhounds e-magazine:
- Seeing Feelings: Study provides evidence that dogs can natively recognize human emotions (Acrobat file) Spring 2016
- Canine Osteoscarcoma, Part 1: Current treatments and information you need to know (Acrobat file), Spring 2015
- Canine Osteosarcoma, Part 2: Current state of research and new treatments (Acrobat file), Summer 2015
The osteosarcoma articles are the first-place Maxwell Award winner in their category in the 2015 Dog Writers Association of America’s writing competition, (online article or blog, health or general care, #16).
For North Carolina Health News, December 10, 2013:
Upcoming articles (which will also be available in e-book form) will appear in Women in American History: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection, published by ABC-CLIO, available in November 2016. Topics include:
- Brothels in the Colonial Era
- Iron-Jawed Angels (origin and history surrounding the term)
- Mother Mary Lange
- Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
For several years, I wrote a column called “Exploring Drug Therapies” for Celebrating Greyhounds magazine while it was still in its print format. Below are several example articles from that column. They are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- The Pill and the Patch: Narcotic Pain Relievers for your Greyhound
- Hypothyroidism and Treatment
- The Big Three Heartworm Medications
One of my first published assignments was a profile of Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist J. Ross Baughman for News Photographer, a magazine published by the National Press Photographers Association for its members. It was that month’s cover story.